RN to MSN
For RNs looking to advance their education and careers
RN to MSN Options
Accelerated RN to MSN and RN-BSN to MSN
Accelerated RN-MSN Options
一道本不卡免费高清The Accelerated RN-MSN and Accelerated RN-MSN with Clinical Nursing Leadership options are designed to prepare nurses for a variety of advanced roles in nursing practice, including those that require skill in delivering direct and indirect care, leading healthcare initiatives, and educating patients, staff, and the community.
Because of the integrative design, time to completion is shortened in comparison to other MSN tracks or options. For the Accelerated RN-MSN options, the baccalaureate degree will not be conferred, which allows a more rapid progression, upon successful completion of all degree requirements, the Master of Science in Nursing degree will be conferred.
Accelerated options include:
- Accelerated RN-MSN Option Semesters: 3 Full Time (45 credit hours)
- Accelerated RN-MSN with Clinical Nursing Leadership Option Semesters: 4 Full Time (52 credit hours)
一道本不卡免费高清The deliberate alignment of content to Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL™) competencies provides students with a Clinical Nursing Leadership option to complete the coursework and practicum hours required to qualify for the CNL™ certification exam. In addition to the 144 hours of required practicum learning in the final required course of the Accelerated MSN option, students may choose to complete additional elective practicum hours in two additional 8-week sessions with 144 hours of practicum in each session. This ensures completion of the 432 practicum hours required to qualify to take the CNL™ certification exam.
See the full curriculum plan.
Your time is valuable, especially as a practicing RN. Given your academic history and goals, it’s important to use your free time as efficiently as possible. That’s why we developed the Accelerated RN to MSN Option. Busy professionals can earn their master’s degree in their spare time, or dedicate focus to their studies full-time. The choice is yours.
Our Accelerated RN to MSN Option offers registered nurses the chance to advance your degree without getting bogged down by prerequisites. In a matter of a few semesters, you can earn your master’s and begin the next phase of your career.
RN-BSN to MSN Option
一道本不卡免费高清For RNs looking to advance their education and careers, we offer an RN-BSN to MSN Online Option. Registered Nurses can earn a BSN and MSN together, making it more cost and time effective than earning them separately.
In the RN-BSN to MSN Online Option, eligible RN students completing their BSN degree at Chamberlain may apply for admission to the MSN degree program prior to completing their BSN degree. Students are able to complete their BSN degree while enrolled in the MSN program, by taking selected MSN courses in place of two required BSN nursing courses.
You'll begin with the RN to BSN curriculum then, as you move into the MSN curriculum you will choose between one of six specialty tracks:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Healthcare Policy
- Population Health
Students enrolled in the RN-BSN to MSN option will graduate with their BSN degree upon successful completion of the MSN core courses. Earn your degree while you work and in as few as 8 semesters with year-round, full-time enrollment.
See the full curriculum plan.
RN to MSN FAQs
Chamberlain has several resources that can help you become acclimated to the online classroom. Once you apply you will have access to Chamberlain Care Student Success Strategies, which provides information on time management, scholarly writing, using the library and more. You can also ask your admissions representative for a personal tour of the online environment in which you will be taking classes or you can view the Online Classroom Demonstration Video Series to learn about what you can expect when you log into your class.
一道本不卡免费高清We are dedicated to supporting you throughout your educational journey. To further support your success, a Student Online Readiness Assessment is designed to help assess the skills needed for success in online courses. You will see the assessment listed as a task in the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) course.
一道本不卡免费高清No. Coursework is completed 100% online. (Note: The MSN Family Nurse Practitioner specialty track does require one visit for the as part of NR-509.)
There are no mandatory login times. Most classes require that you login two to three times per week. Check the course syllabus for information specific to your class.
While tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices may allow for some completion of coursework, they are not guaranteed to work in all areas. Please ensure you have a Windows (preferred) or Mac-based computer available to complete coursework in the event your selected mobile device does not meet the needs of the course. The Help Desk does not provide technical support for tables, smartphones and other mobile devices at this time.
to have an admission representative provide you with a course tour.
一道本不卡免费高清It is possible to transfer from the RN-BSN to MSN into the Accelerated RN to MSN Option, students may need to complete the full Accelerated RN to MSN curriculum. Please speak to an advisor for more information regarding transfer credits.
How do I get in?
Chamberlain College of Nursing looks for candidates with the following qualifications for admission to the RN-BSN to MSN and Accelerated RN to MSN Options:
- A nursing diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the U.S. Department of Education* for the RN-BSN to MSN Option, a nursing diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) for the Accelerated RN to MSN Option
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale for RN-BSN to MSN, a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for prior undergraduate nursing degree for the Accelerated RN to MSN options and
- Current, active, unrestricted RN license in the U.S. or in a jurisdiction that is an associate member of the NCSBN. Before entering any clinical/practicum courses, students must provide proof of current, active, unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state where the student will conduct the clinical(s). Students who fail to maintain an active, unrestricted license throughout their clinical/practicum courses do not meet the clinical/practicum requirements and cannot progress. Students are expected to maintain RN licensure throughout the entire program of study as a professional best-practice.
- For RN-BSN to MSN students, a CGPA of 3.0 or greater in RN to BSN coursework (minimum of 24 credit hours of coursework must be taken at Chamberlain), excluding NR-361 and NR-451)** and completion of all liberal arts and sciences courses for the BSN degree.
* Degrees obtained from non-U.S. schools will be considered based on evaluation of transcripts by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES) approved evaluating agency.
一道本不卡免费高清** For the 129 curriculum, minimum of 26 credit hours of coursework must be taken at Chamberlain, excluding NR-361 and NR-451.
Our admission representatives are available to answer your questions about admission requirements and walk you through the application process.
Call 877.751.5783一道本不卡免费高清 to speak to a representative or request more information.
Accreditation, State Authorizations & Approvals
一道本不卡免费高清Chamberlain University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing program, master's degree in nursing program, and Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Chamberlain University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
For the most updated accreditation information, visit undertheyardarm.com/accreditation.
See accreditation and state authorization information or view a full list of program approvals by state.